I Have Words And I Must Speak Them

 Hi, I'm Addison Studer.  I'm 20 years old and I have ADHD, so this post is definitely going to look the part!

 

 

I'm majoring in Accounting Technology because I like working with numbers and I'm good at it. My ideal job is something repetitive at a keyboard... but the AI boom in the last few years kind of negated any job openings for transcription work, so now I'm here. 

My interests are all over the place. For hobbies, right now I'm waiting on materials for some seed bead projects and making a stuffed animal for a friend. I'm also self-taught in CSS and MediaWiki code and volunteer wiki edit for several wikis on Fandom with more than a thousand cumulative page edits. 

 I love edutainment almost as much as I love all things that fly. My interest in birds has earned me the nickname "Chirp" in some friend circles and I'd love to minor in entomology if I transfer to OSU--but I'm still figuring out the logistics for that. I couldn't give you a favorite bird, but my favorite insect is Cyphochilus apicalis, the Great White Cockchafer beetle, and my favorite fish is Neoceratodus forsteri, the African Lungfish. 

Also, I totally encourage people to get into citizen science! iNaturalist, Seek, and Merlin are all free apps that can help you identify life of all different kinds, even in your backyard. Seek and Merlin are great for beginners--Seek identifies by camera and Merlin identifies birds by ear--but photos posted to iNaturalist can be used in actual scientific research! And you get to tell all your friends that the shadow above your house was actually an osprey, not a bald eagle. That makes you sound really cool and smart.


      

         


Comments